Maintain a low profile, clean and tactile grip with non-slip shrink wrap.
- 800mm length
- 1mm Thickness
- Available in 25mm and 28mm diameters
- 25mm - Pursuit extensions and smaller diameter handlebars
- 28mm - Most drop handlebars
- Rubber infused non-slip textured surface
- Shrinking temperature 55°C - 105°C
- Select wrap diameter best suited for your handlebars.
- Slide the wrap up the end of the handlebars - work it around to the desired position
- Using a heat gun or hairdryer - direct heat around the top edge of the wrap
- Providing even heat distribution, work your way down and around the wrap towards the end of the handlebar.
- Wrinkles can be teased out as you go
- Using a sharp blade, carefully trim the end of the wrap from the opening of the handlebar.
- Give the wrap one last once-over of heat to ensure all areas have completely shuck into place to lock it on securely.
- Works best on linear tube profiles or gentle curves. If bent too sharply the wrap can wrinkle.
- The wrap can be pre-stretched to assist in forming around sharper radius curves.
- Requires a heat gun or hairdryer and a sharp cutting blade for installation.
- Caution to not use too much heat on composite handlebars. Excessive heat may damage the composites integrity.
- Patience is key for installation. First installation may not go perfectly. We provide enough wrap to give it a few goes if not 100% satisfied with the result.
- If used in a high grip strain situation (such as standing starts), double sided tape can be used between the handlebar and grip to prior to shrinking to increase friction and help reduce twisting.