Note: This is a preorder only. Altias Sprint Handlebar delivery is estimated from mid December 2023.
Engineered for champions, the Altias Sprint Handlebars are specifically designed in collaboration with world class sprint track cyclists who demand nothing but the best. The Altias Sprint Handlebars bring validated wind-tunnel tested performance to the mass market.
Strength and stiffness don't come second to aerodynamics. The Altias handlebars exceed twice the ISO strength requirements, ensuring they can handle the demands of the world's top sprint cyclists.
Built from the highest quality Japanese Toray Carbon Fiber, the Altias Sprint Handlebars are crafted with an unyielding commitment to optimise the balance between modularity and integration. The handlebars come in four different widths - 275mm, 300mm, 325mm, and 350mm - to suit diverse needs and preferences.
The Grip and Aero
A unique grip design works with the riders forearms for an aerodynamic advantage. A 7.93% aerodynamic efficiency gain is measured using with a rider using the Altias Sprint Bars over more traditional styled drop bars such as the Track Sprint Bars.
Various grip positions through the drop ensures rider comfort to maintain an aerodynamic position, The shallow and unique drop shape had gone through dozens of iterations during the development process - testing and generating feedback from many riders at the top level of the sport. the result is a comfortable grip while optimising airflow using trips to enhance the handlebar/rider system.
- Ample wrist clearance for launching out of the start gate.
- A 27mm grip diameter reduces grip strength requirements.
Relaxed Race Grip
- The grip shape encourages a slightly bent elbow, dropping the riders torso - reducing frontal area.
- Air trips around the riders hand direct airflow constructively around and away from their forearms.
Aero Tuck Race Grip
- An aggressive grip position where the hand melds into the handlebar surface - closing up air gaps to reduce turbulence.
- Air trips guide air around the athletes forearms for improved aerodynamic efficiency.
- A subtle flair through the drop encourages an inward wrist rotation. Wrists are supported by the drop grip section of the handlebar.
- The riders elbows maintain a tucked in position, reducing the rider from loosing form while fatiguing.
Optimisation and Modularisation
We have spent 24 months creating a system that is a fine balance between being highly modular, while maintaining the performance benefits of an integrated cockpit. As well as the Altias Sprint Handlebars being able to fit with any standard 31.8mm stem such as the Longboi Stem, The bars can also be fitted in a semi-integrated modular Altias system. Compatible Altias bars, stems and faceplates can be mixed and matched in a semi-integrated modular system specific to the athletes fit requirements.
An Innovative Advantage
Proudly licensed under the New Zealand FernMark, Altias Sprint Handlebars are meticulously wind-tunnel tested to validate their improved aerodynamic performance. The handlebars are the result of a user centred design approach for superior user experience, and a unique harmony of modularity and integration.
- 4x bar widths
- Utilising the full UCI geometry regulations
- 2x ISO strength certified
- Standard 31.8mm stem clamp
- Highly ergonomic grip design fostering multiple grip positions
- Balance between aero optimisation and modularisation
- Aero trips around forearms
- Wind tunnel validated during the R&D process
- Integration with the Velobike Altias Argon18 direct mount stems (with more stem integrations planned for the future)
- 27mm diameter grip
- integrated bar end aero
New Zealand FernMark Licenced
- UCI legal (Homologated for Paris 2024)
- Designed and tested to exceed 2x ISO strength requirements
- Ceramic gloss finish
- Japanese Toray High Modulus Carbon Fiber
- Widths: 275mm, 300mm, 325mm and 350mm (center to center)
- Drop: 73mm (center to center)
- Reach: Refer to the user manual
- ø27mm oversize grips
- 5° grip angle
- ø31.8mm stem clamping diameter
- 50mm stem clamping width
- 1x Altias Sprint Handlebar
- 1x Altias Faceplate covers
- 4x Altias Faceplate cover screws
For a comprehensive understanding of the Altias Sprint Handlebar including; geometry, installation and integration, please refer to the Altias Sprint Handlebar User Manual.