The HKK Vertex Blue is one of the toughest track racing chains in existence.
This chain is black, but appears to shine blue from certain angles, A side-effect of the hardening process the chain goes through during production.
NJS approved for use in Japanese pro keirin track racing!
Beautifully finished, super-tough race chain, with small NJS stamps on the chain links. This chain uses a bolt/nut quick-link system, like all NJS certified chains. You can instead choose to cut and install it with a chain cutter, though.
The Vertex Blue chain from HKK is the most popular chains amongst Keirin pro track riders.
The HKK Gold, and Silver chains have a secondary coating to improve their corrosion resistance. If you are riding outdoors it is recommended to select one of these HKK chains.
Available stock with anti-corrosion lubricant applied, or pre ultrasonic cleaned for reduced friction and greatest performance when lubricated with low viscosity race lubricants.
- Size: 1/2" x 1/8"
- 106 Links (including Bolt & Nut-type connector link)
- NJS Stamped
- Made in Japan
Ultrasonic cleaning disclaimer:
- An ultrasonically cleaned chain will require lubrication to be applied immediately upon arrival with the customer. If left unlubricated the chain will begin to corrode.
- Ultrasonic cleaning may add an extra 1-2 days to prepare prior to shipping.
- The cleaning process may not remove 100% off all factory lubricants.
- Some discolouration may occur to the chains plating. This is most noticeable on chains with gold plating.
Photo Credit: Cycle Project Store